Dhwani is a Unlabelled ASR corpus obtained from YouTube and News On AIR news bulletins. The dataset contains raw audios across 40 Indian Languages.
Numbers represent hours
Table of contents
- Table of contents
- Dataset Format
- Citing our work
- The audio files present in separate folders.
- For YouTubeThe audio filenames are named YouTube-ids and for Newsonair, the contatination of region name, bulletin timing makes the filename.
YT ├── bengali │ ├── XXXXXXXXXXX.wav │ ├── XXXXXXXXXXX.wav │ ├── XXXXXXXXXXX.wav │ └── ... ├── gujarati ├── ...
NOA ├── Audio │ ├── assamese │ ├── audio │ ├── newsonair.nic.in │ ├── NSD-Assamese-Assamese-0705-0715-201810107486.mp3 │ ├── NSD-Assamese-Assamese-0705-0715-20181011161537.mp3 ├── gujarati ├── ...
NewsOnAir – Please crawl the data from the following website – https://newsonair.gov.in/
Citing our work
If you are using any of the resources, please cite the following article:
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are using our resources. Please let us know how you are putting these resources to use.
- You have any feedback on these resources.
The Dhwani dataset, models and code are released under the MIT License.
- Tahir Javed, (IITM, AI4Bharat)
- Sumanth Doddapaneni, (AI4Bharat, RBCDSAI)
- Abhigyan Raman, (AI4Bharat)
- Kaushal Bhogale, (AI4Bharat)
- Gowtham Ramesh, (AI4Bharat, RBCDSAI)
- Anoop Kunchukuttan, (Microsoft, AI4Bharat)
- Pratyush Kumar, (Microsoft, AI4Bharat)
- Mitesh Khapra, (IITM, AI4Bharat, RBCDSAI)
- Anoop Kunchukuttan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mitesh Khapra (email@example.com)
- Pratyush Kumar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We would like to thank EkStep Foundation for their generous grant which helped in setting up the Centre for AI4Bharat at IIT Madras to support our students, research staff, data and computational requirements. We would like to thank The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (NLTM) for its grant to support the creation of datasets and models for Indian languages under its ambitions Bhashini project. We would also like to thank the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, India (C-DAC) for providing access to the Param Siddhi supercomputer for training our models. Lastly, we would like to thank Microsoft for its grant to create datasets, tools and resources for Indian languages.